English Language Courses:
CRICOS Code: 059969M
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Preparation courses are comprehensive to help prepare you to achieve a higher score in the official IELTS test, while developing your overall English skills.
IELTS is the standard language test used for entry into universities in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Britain and many universities in the US - you can find out more about IELTS online.
Greenwich English College’s IELTS Preparation course uses our own unique course book which is structured to successfully improve your IELTS test score (in both the IELTS General Training and IELTS Academic Training Modules).
Our IELTS test prep classes aim to help students:
- Develop Academic Writing and Listening skills
- Improve speaking fluency and accuracy
- Learn vocabulary specific to typical test themes
- Improve knowledge of grammar, functions, register and discourse
- Utilise practical test strategies including pre-reading, organisation and timing
- Improve overall test taking skills and test practice
Weekly Practice Tests
Greenwich English College is an approved pre-testing centrefor IELTS. Students studying at Greenwich will have the opportunity every week to try authentic IELTS tests in real test conditions, so you can become familiar with the atmosphere in the testing centre.
Greenwich English College has direct entry (articulation) agreements with some of Australia’s leading universities and colleges (including TAFE NSW) through its IELTS program. Each Friday practice test result can be used as an “Entry Requirement” assessment if you want to study at one of our many partner universities or colleges.
IELTS Specialist Teachers
Greenwich English College recruits teachers who have an in depth knowledge of the IELTS test. We employ experienced IELTS Preparation teachers, so we can make sure you have the best chance to score well. They will help to score and analyse your practice tests carefully and focus on your specific areas of weakness to help you achieve great results.
Why study IELTS Preparation at Greenwich?
- Authorised IELTS pre-testing centre
- Experienced IELTS Preparation teachers
- Direct entry into leading colleges and universities
- Two levels: Intermediate - Advanced level classes available
- Day and Evening programs – choose the class that suits your lifestyle
- All lessons are delivered face-to-face
- One-to-one counselling
- Track your progress with weekly tests
- Average improvement – 1 band score in 8-10 weeks
- 5.0 IELTS or equivalent; or
- Greenwich English College Entry Test; or
- Offshore Entry Test available through our registered representatives
- Greenwich English College Entry Test every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:00am and 4:00pm; and Wednesday at 4:00pm
- Courses start every Monday
- Study 1 to 28 weeks
Speaking Club provides all Greenwich College students further practice their English lessons with more teachers and fellow students. Speaking Club is free and available Monday to Wednesday, 3pm-4pm. All Speaking Club lessons are delivered by a qualified Greenwich College Trainer.
I had sat the IELTS test six
times, but could not reach
the target score of 7. I had
been studying so hard and so
stopped believing in myself.
Then I enrolled into the
IELTS course at Greenwich
English College. After two
weeks here I got my