Test Preparation Courses
CRICOS Code: 059969M
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Preparation courses are comprehensive to help prepare you to achieve a higher score in the official IELTS test, while developing your overall English skills.
IELTS is the standard language test used for entry into universities in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Britain and many universities in the USA - you can find out more about IELTS online.
Greenwich English College’s IELTS Preparation course uses our own unique course book which is structured to successfully improve your IELTS test score (in both the IELTS General Training and IELTS Academic Training Modules).
Our IELTS test prep classes aim to help students:
- Develop Academic Writing and Listening skills
- Improve speaking fluency and accuracy
- Learn vocabulary specific to typical test themes
- Improve knowledge of grammar, functions, register and discourse
- Utilise practical test strategies including pre-reading, organisation and timing
- Improve overall test taking skills and test practice
Weekly Practice Tests
Greenwich English College is an approved pre-testing centre for IELTS. Students studying at Greenwich will have the opportunity every week to try authentic IELTS tests in real test conditions, so you can become familiar with the atmosphere in the testing centre.
Greenwich English College has direct entry (articulation) agreements with some of Australia’s leading universities and colleges (including TAFE NSW) through its IELTS program. Each Friday practice test result can be used as an “Entry Requirement” assessment if you want to study at one of our many partner universities or colleges.
IELTS Specialist Teachers
Greenwich English College recruits teachers who have an in depth knowledge of the IELTS test. We employ experienced IELTS Preparation teachers, so we can make sure you have the best chance to score well. They will help to score and analyse your practice tests carefully and focus on your specific areas of weakness to help you achieve great results.
Why study IELTS Preparation at Greenwich?
- Classes start every week, day and evening.
- 2levels: Foundation and Advanced-study IELTS at the most appropriate level to achieve faster results.
- Develop skills for examination focusing on academic writing, listening, grammar, fluency and vocabulary.
- Greenwich provides exam strategies and organisational techniques giving you the best chances to reach your goals.
- Greenwich English College is an authorised IELTS pre-test centre.
- Weekly practice with IELTS tests under simulated real test conditions.
- IELTS Foundation
IELTS 5.0 or equivalent or
- IELTS Advanced
IELTS 6.0 or equivalent or
- Greenwich English College Entry Test; or
- Offshore Entry Test available through our registered representatives
- Courses start every Monday
- Study 1 to 28 weeks
Hi, I'm Roger Barcons and I
arrived in Sydney in
November 2012. During the
course I learned some more
grammar, and heaps of tips
to improve my score in such
a tricky exam. I’m so glad
I attended IELTS preparation
at Greenwich College. One of